June 14, 2011

Kung Fu Panda 2 & Too Big To Fail

Kung Fu Panda 2

This was a much awaited movie for those who loved Kung Fu Panda 1. So was it for me and my husband. Watching it on 3d- the experience got even better. I really loved the 3D part of this movie, liked the effects. But story wise it wasnt anything great compared to part 1. I somehow felt this sequel was more of the white peacock (playing the villain) than the panda itself.  Lesson learnt from the master himself - inner peace, yes inner peace (you will understand this better if you watch the movie). I am trying to achieve that inner peace to get the best out of life - instead of cribbing about what I don't have. Learn to thank the nature for what I have rather than mourning about what I miss/ don't have

Too Big To Fail


Watched this movie on HBO. It was more like a documentary. It was a movie that described in detail, in lay man's terms, about the 2008 financial meltdown. The characters in this movie are real life - loved the persons who played Timothy Geithner and Henry Paulson. This is one movie that I can watch it over and over, just to be amazed by the fact how did this system hit grid lock and how was it revived (as it is called) and how the banks got the bail out money, which they never did lend for credit (defeating the whole purpose). Amazingly true which is hard to digest. It also goes on to show how the entire word's economy was shaken when Lehman went down and AIG was the next in line. Why did the government bail out AIG and not the Lehman brothers.  Definitely worth the watch!

4 comments:

Rama Ananth said...

Anu,don't publish as a comment, I just found no other way to contact you.
I want your vote for the Stylish Homes Contest that I am participating.
I had participated in Stylish Homes contest organised by a design magazine in the net called prismma.
They have selected 10 houses/ apartments and would be featuring each one of them for a minimum of 3 days. Now, to win the contest one has get votes.
I will give you a link which will lead you to the site where it is going to be featured from Monday to Thursday early morning. If you like what you see, the pictures and the write up, you can vote in the form of a 1 line comment( at least it should be one line) in the comment box. There maybe a Like, but your clicking on the like would not be counted as a vote.
I would appreciate if you could spread the word along with link to your friends if possible, it is not compulsory. If they like what they get to see they also can vote for our house by writing a short comment.
But I just want your vote, so don't bother if you don't have the time or don't like the idea of asking others to vote. You can vote on any 3 days they have specified.
So here is the link:

Every day we will post one stylish home and invite votes

Votes need to be placed in the form on comments on the link (not on facebook)

The link to my post is below.

http://www.prismma.in/2782/ramas-stylish-home/

It will go live on Monday morning 9 am IST and votes will be counted till Thursday 9am. You can send the link to all your friends and ask them to vote within this timeframe.

Votes beyond this timeframe will not be counted to ensure that all contestants get a fair assessment.

Each post will have three days of votes so that regardless of when the post goes up, every finalist will have the same number of days to garner their votes

Don't click on the link now as it will only show error, for it is not active now. It would be active only from Monday to Thursday early morning.
Thank you, Rama Ananth.

I have also put it on my wall in FB.

anubharat said...

Thanks for sending the detailed instructions Rama and letting me be part of the contest. I have posted my comments and once again as I said earlier, I love your house

Rama Ananth said...

Thanks Anu,
Under what name did you post the comment , did you post on FB comment box or the other one below it. I saw one Anuradha, but when I went to the site it was site about Bible. I did not see any other comment that might be you.
Did you post your comment on the 6th?
Many people have written telling me that have posted their comments but it has not come there, that is why I am asking. I even informed the organiser, but, they are putting all the comments that have been coming even after the voting time is over, for according to them, the comments would be there always although the ones, that were posted late would not be counted as votes.
Anyway, only the person getting the most votes would win, and although i was really touched at the response I got from my friends and their friends. I never thought my friends would respond to my request. I felt very happy to have such good and reliable friends,
Thank you so much for making time and voting for our house.

anubharat said...

Hi Rama,

The one Anuradha that you had found out is me only. Looks like there was a typo in the link to my blog and that is the reason it is showing some bible page. But that comment is mine :)