The last couple of weeks, we have been watching some old, some new movies both in English and Tamil. My thoughts and feedback on these movies
Kaavalan:
This is a Vijay's movie - need I say more? We still braved it and went to the theatre to see this movie. I seriously wished they gave an option to fast forward songs and fight scenes, at the theatre. It was definitely a dragging movie - thankfully no punch dialogues from Vijay. Looked like a comeback for Vadivelu - a little better than his earlier Vijay movies comic roles. Climax was the totally unexpected out of the blue kinds. Apart from that onnum sollaradhukku illa.
Esacape from Alcatraz
This is an old movie, taken in the late 70s. Clint Eastwood is the hero. It is based on the true story - where in 3 prisoners escaped from the famous prison (Alcatraz - also known as the Rock) and no one knows till date if they ever made it to land alive or not. The movie was a total suspense thriller and entertainer and we enjoyed every bit of watching this movie on a friday night. Perfect beginning to a weekend
Viruthagiri
Vijaykanth movie - idhu podadha - full track comedy movie maadhiri irundhadhu. Only saving grace, he didnt have duets with a heroine half his age. Typical Vijaykanth saving India and Indians kinda movie. Nothing much to say here
Myna
This was one brilliant tamil movie. Enjoyed watching every bit of it. It was a heavy hearted story - not the usual happy go, all is well movie with a happy ending. It was a totally different story and a lot of unexpected turning points. It did keep running in my mind, even after a day or so after watching this movie. If you are a person who can watch a movie for a good story - even if the entire cast and crew is new - then do go for this one and i am sure you will understand what I meant when I wrote brilliant. A good tamil movie in a long time.
4 comments:
Nice reviews. I would try to get Myna and see it. I like movies with a good story, the new actors I don't mind. There was a picture called "Flavors" in Hindi, of which I had never heard of, but my daughter had seen it and highly recommended it and when we saw, it was indeed a very good movie. This was some years ago.
Good to hear from you after a long time. Very busy I suppose, anyway take care, Rama.
Hi Rama,
Thank you for your comments. I have watched the movie "Flavors" and I liked it too. I also read your posts on Niagara and Ann Harbor and of course the "Mere Mehboob" post. Liked all of them. I also love the title song in that movie, for that matter all the songs on that movie
Virudhagiri - LOL! It should have been a fun riot.
@Chittu's Full track comedy dhaan. However hard he tries to be serious in the movie, we burst into laughter
Post a Comment