July 26, 2010

Inception - A Total Deception

Watched this movie over the weekend. Read reviews ranging from "awesome" movie to total "crap". My view total crap. Is this even possible at all. I give full credit to the cinematographer and editor. They have just brought out the special effects in the movie very professionally. neatly done. Kudos to you guys. But the overall concept/story sucked big time.

Inception (you can read a thorough review here) means origin: an event that is a beginning; a first part or stage of subsequent events (courtesy Google search). Yeah the story stuck to this concept by rule. Inception is a contemporary sci-fi actioner set within the architecture of the mind.

The movie revolves around the story about planting an idea in one's mind in order to achieve something. For example, say I wanted all our Indian politicians to do good (they are much smarter ppl, they wont fall for such things) and think good for their ppl. We want this idea to be planted in their mind (Just do this for one Indian politician and succeed and then I shall accept your concept can do wonders too). This process happens when one is in their dreams (the idea is planted in the subconscious mind). You plot this in someone's mind, so that when they wake up, they wake up with the thought that was planted in their mind. Concept wise this is totally new and some express it as Wow and others like me express it as crap. We all have heard of extracting things from one's mind but never planting one. I just wish this doesnt get way too far beyond and people start using this at the expense of someone else.

But if you are Di Caprio fan and love such funky, fundoo stuff, then I would say it is a definite go ahead and watch it in the theater movie else just get the DVD when it is out.

8 comments:

SG said...

Thanks for the review. I was planning to go see the movie. I dropped that idea now.

anubharat said...

@SG this is just my view, you might even like the movie. If you watch this movie, dont feel bad if you didnt understand the first 20 mins of the movie. It takes a while before you start catching up with the movie.

Rama Ananth said...

I avoid such movies as they are all beyond my understanding. I have not seen even Avatar, and I know how people are crazy about science fiction.
Thanks for dropping by my space and leaving your lovely comment.
See you soon as you update.
BTW, we are coming to San Francisco, by 16th or something of August.
I heard it will be quite hot everywhere in the US.
Bye TC. Rama.

anubharat said...

Glad to know you are going to be in SF in 2 weeks. If you are going to be staying in and around SF, I would advise you always have a shawl or a jacket. It is always windy in SF as it is near the coast. Inlands should be warmer, but this year we have been having a very gloomy overcast summer in the bay area. It does peak up in between, hopefully it is warm when you are here. I am unfortunately travelling that weekend and I wont be able to meet you. Why dont you email me @ anuradha.krishnakumar@gmail.com and I can give you more details as to what to see and what not

Rama Ananth said...

Thanks for the advise, I really appreciate it.
However we would be there only for 2/3 days for we are traveling from there to Las Vegas, and to Grand Canyon by a hired car. We plan to travel mostly by car.
Yes one of my friends also told me to carry a shawl. Thanks for everything , and you too enjoy your holiday.
Rama.

anubharat said...

That sounds like fun Rama. You have a wonderful time and I am sure after this trip you shall be fully charged to blog about your US travel :)

Rama Ananth said...

How are you, why no updates from you for a long time?
We are back from out trip and really enjoyed every bit of it.
How was your holiday?
Happy Ganesh Chathurthi.
Love,Rama

anubharat said...

Thank you so much Rama. I have been a little lazy the last couple of weeks after our trip. Glad to know you had a lovely trip. So how was your US trip? Do you already have a blog on it? (sorry i havent been checking your blogs for some time). Hope vinayaga chathurthi went off well for you too. It did go well for me