My parents are visiting the US for 3 months. It's their first time here. They arrived almost 2 weeks ago and it has been a fun ride since then. The house front is a lot more relaxing to me, since I know I dont have to go back to a empty house every evening from work. Meeting them after almost 2 1/2 years I could only feel my parents have grown more older than what I saw them before. I am glad they could make it here, since this could be a good break from their busy routine.
Amma has settled down into her own routine - busy with the pooja, cooking and other household work. Appa is going for a long walks in the morning, doing his puja, also watches Wimbledon. Have also taught him a little of the baseball game, since it is the baseball season here. It has been a little tough for my appa to get used to this slow life with nothing much to do, especially when this is the longest break from work, in these 40 years. He misses his busy work routine back home, but then I also feel he needs to learn to slow down and enjoy life when time permits.
They both also watch the Mahabharat episodes together on DVD. This is one aspect which my inlaws also loved to do it when they were here. It reminds me of those DD days, when all of us will be glued to the box, every Sunday morning, to watch the Mahabharat religiously.
Once we both return from work in the evenings, we try to go out with them for a short walk or atleast for some shopping. The weather here has also been so erratic, at times walking in the cold, windy weather is tough.
The first weekend we took them to a near by Shiva Vishnu temple and then the customary Walmart and Costco visits. Last weekend we took them to SF and man it was so so cold (it is late June and officially summer, still the temp dropped significantly). Much colder than what it was when we went in December last year, with my cousins. Showed them the golden gate bridge, Coit Tower, the famous Lombard Street. We have made a promise to ourselves to take them to the city again, when it is a lot warmer.
Will have more updates as we take them around to different places and the weekends from now will be busier.
PS: Have changed the blog template design, to welcome summer and the brighter days ahead :)
6 comments:
How nice! You will enjoy the next 3 months for sure. Believe me! Having someone at home is a blessing when you return from work! Enjoy your parents!
I can see how happy you are through your blog. You are probably having a wonderful time chatting with them, and updating your self with all the family (harmless)gossip and news.
I can understand how your parents may soon be bored with nothing much to do there as it is a new place, for you 3 months may just pass away, but for them it might seem too long.
I hope you are able to take some time off from your work and really organise some sight seeing outside California. After all you might not have their company for few years, till your next visit to India. Make the most of it for them as well as for you.
Wishing you and your parents a happy time of togetherness!
Please post some pictures of the places you visited with your parents. It would be nice. And your new template looks bright and very cheerful, just like the sunshine you wish to see.
I somehow love the cold weather, and we always seek cold places to visit. It is fun if you properly covered.
Thanks A&A. I just dont want to let go of this time and just want to hold on to it forever (I know I am asking a lot)
Thanks Rama, will surely share some pics here. During the SF trip we couldnt take much snaps since it was too cold here. Hopefully the subsequent trips to different places, we gather more snaps and memories. With regard to taking time off, we are planning to do when we plan a trip to east coast - hopefully aug/sept.
Aargh! I dont see my comments here too (Same thing in A&A's blog too) I am not spam :) I am doing Word Verification and all!!
Hee Hee...it is there in the next post. Oru edathula comment pannitu innoru edathula thedinaa eppudi :)
But it is definitely not there in A&A's blog. Probably waiting for her approval
Post a Comment