![]() |
| Image Courtesy: Google Images |
Both the books were equally interesting and filled with suspense of what happens next and both the authors have brought forward the nitty gritties of 2 contrasting life stories. These books taught me so much about my religion and customs which I wouldnt have known otherwise so much in depth.
After reading "Toss of a Lemon", I at times regret the fact I didnt spend enough time with my grandmother, who could have told me an equally webbed story of her past, as to how she struggled bringing up her own family, after losing her husband at a very young age. I am now married and in the US and my grandma is in India. She speaks to me over phone occasionally, her age and health has left her in such a state of mind, that she can never stop worrying about me.
A Good Indian Wife on the other hand tells about how newly married indian women struggle their first few years in the US, to get a hold on to their marriage and their life. I had those fears and struggles too, but not as in the story where Leila had to cope with a husband's pre marital affair. Author had blended the story so well that it could only sound more real than fiction.

No comments:
Post a Comment