July 19, 2010

Friends are like antiques, the longer you have them the greater their value

7/17/2010

I recently met couple of my school buddies. Had them over to our place for dinner. I enjoyed the evening so much, that I felt so happy and relaxed after quite some time. One of my friend (let's call her G) was visiting the bay area with her husband and parents and her sister. The moment I knew about her plan, I chartered out a plan in my mind. Invite her for dinner at our home and also secretly invite our other friend, P, who is local to the bay area and give her a surprise. It all went as per plan. My husband and I cooked a nice and simple dinner. Got the starters and dessert from outside. So here goes the menu

Starters - Chips and smoked salsa (from costco)
Main Course - Veggie biriyani, onion and tomato raita, mysore rasam, curd rice, naan. Side dishes for the naan (from Trader Joe) was brought by p. Thanks P, those were really yummy - Palak Paneer and Aloo Gobi.
Dessert - Pineapple pie from Costco. They were really good and yummy. I was against buying this big pie since we didnt want to finish the left over later. But my husband told it will be nice for the guests to try something different instead of the regular Indian sweets. Glad I listened to my husband (the left over still smiles at me from the fridge. How much ever I try to contain my temptation, its all in vain - naan appove sonnen la)

After dinner women folks took the patio and sat there and chit chatted for a long time. The men were finding the house too hot and sultry and planned to take the apartment pool. After spending some quality time chatting, we all had the pie. Am so happy everybody enjoyed the evening. Thanks to my husband and friends who made this possible. Looking forward to making more such memorable evenings.

2 comments:

Rama Ananth said...

Meeting old friends really is very exciting.
I am glad you could meet them and had good time with them.
I am Rama from Bangalore.
The Ravanan has not got a single good review, I thought i will watch if I feel like in the TV when it is aired.
You are very correct Indians are neither liked in the west nor do their behavior in India makes them lovable. I am saying just a few of them are like that, but every body ends with bad name.
Your blogs are lovely, with scattering of Tamil.
Come and visit my space too.
Rama.

anubharat said...

Thanks for leaving your mark here Rama. Welcome more such comments from your side :)