February 18, 2011

Sunny California

At times I feel I am lucky to be in California, than anywhere else in the US. One main reason we have the sun all through the year and thank God (thanking a zillion times here), we dont have snow. We are not that far enough from the place which gets snow - so if you want to enjoy skiing the snowy mountains it is just a 4 hr drive and at the same time you are in a place where it doesnt snow even in the worst of winters. If I had been shivering in those fierce winter storms as in the east coast and mid west, I would have either ended up staying home all through winter hibernating or just work from home the entire winter season. Phew what a back breaking job it can be to shovel the snow, clear your parking area and your car from a small snow mountain.  Ofcourse it is windy in the bay area for most of part of the year and you feel you would want a jacket whenever you go to SF - but apart from that nothing that can upset your routine.
Today I was getting ready in the morning to get to work and opened the patio blinds only to find this beautiful and bright rainbow outside my balcony.  The photo doesnt make justice , since I couldn't capture the full rainbow on my camera.



The green mountains and mustard fields en route to office only makes the drive more joyous (especially when someone else is driving). It is still winter officially, but the cherry blossom flowers have already started coming in full swing - the pink and white vibrant colors make you wish for spring all through the year :)

Beautiful trees near my office

5 comments:

Rama Ananth said...

Wow!you have you have captured it beautifully. And yes like you i too feel we are lucky to be living in Bangalore, which despite its conditions going from bad to worse is a much better place to live than in other parts of India.
Yes you too are lucky for you can go and enjoy the snow whenever you want without the hassles of living in snow clad city.

chittu's mom said...

Beautiful Fall color pictures. Mustard fields - reminded me of how we used to sing "Tuje Dekha to yeh jaana sanam" everytime we come from Delhi to college :) because that was the first ever time we got to see it in person other than in movies!

anubharat said...

Thank you Rama and Chittu's mom.

@ Rama I am sure you too have such lovely memories of Bangalore

@Chittu I so very well remember our bus rides from Pilani to Delhi and back.

யாரோ said...

...back breaking job it can be to shovel the snow, clear your parking area and your car from a small snow mountain....

Smiles:)

anubharat said...

@Yaaro: Welcome here. Thanks for your comment