Now that it has been almost 1 and half months of 2012, I am pretty sure it has started good for all of you. We guys are almost settled here in chennai. Chennaivaasi ke ugandha TNagar kootamana shopping kooda poga aarambichachu.
Last week husband and I went to this Express Avenue mall and man it was so huge is too little a description. Built in world class standard, I cant even remember what was there previously and how come there was a such a big land available for development with the Indian Express group (the mall is built where the Indian Express office was there previously). Most of the shops were empty even on a saturday and most of the crowd was in restaurants and cinema theatres. Saapadu kadaigal la queue ve irundadhu. It is a pretty expensive place and I would surely not even think about eating there next time. A simple chaat cost me 75 bucks and it wasnt even great. Another aspect in this mall none of the restaurants accepts cash or credit card for your purchase. You need to buy prepaid cards with which you can pay for your food brought at the mall. How inventive people get, while making money. Kudos guys. For the end customer it is another rip off.
Went to watch "Nanban" movie at the Escape theatres (by Sathyam Cinemas). I actually went with a mind set that I am going to be reminded of the hindi version at very moment of the movie and I was 100% right. It was the main reason I was not to keen to watch this movie in the theatre, but the husband wanted to watch it. Remakes are fine, I dont understand why every character in the movie has tried to imitate their hindi counterparts, including SathyaRaj trying to imitate Omi Vaidya's way of speaking, konjam over artificial a irundhadhu. Would have been nice if he was let to do his natural stint. For people who havent watched the hindi version, Nanban is a big entertainer. If you have watched 3 Idiots and yet to watch Nanban, then please dont, unless you are a die hard Vijay fan.
Went to a place called "Nivedhanam" for dinner. Food was decent nothing great. It was a multi cuisine veg restaurant. Ordered Thai food. More than the food, enjoyed the nail biting match between Chennai Rhinos and Hyderabad Tigers?? (not sure) in CCL (Celebrity Cricket League). Professionala cricket aada vendiyavanga seriya aadaradhu illa. Cine actors did display good cricket. Thats how the evening ended.
3 comments:
LOL can SO relate to the purse'la ota portion and EA malls!
Nice post!
Thank you for your comments Kappu and thanks for dropping by
Anytime! :)
Post a Comment