February 13, 2013

Revival

This blog has been dormant for more than 8 months now and I have been only guilty of letting it down this way. Decided to start with a revival post by giving a quick update about what has topped the charts in my life.

2012

2012 has been a year of little highs and more lows. Thankfully I managed to start getting back to the work force and it feels good to be occupied and not be a devil's workshop. Started working from Dec 10th

Me and my husband, went on a tour to Hosur, Puttaparthi, Bangalore and Mysore between Dec 1 and Dec 10th. Oh yeah forgot to tell you guys, we got a car - Maruti Ertiga, white color, in november. Got it delivered a week before Diwali.  The very first long trip we did was to Mayiladuthurai, with in laws, for the Kadai mugam festival. It was an altogether new experience for me to see ther thiruvizha, getting the chance to pull koil ther. It was a nice experience. I didnt take a dip in the cauvery though which is also a custom in the month of Ippasi. Somehow I wasnt comfortable taking a dip in that cold water and taking bath in public and open.

 I also lost my grandmother last year in december, just a day after I joined work. It has been a very sad moment for our family. She passed away on 11th December around 5:25pm in Devaki Hospital.  The worse part being, she was almost in a coma state when she passed away and didnt recognize any of us, the last three days of her life. She was slowly sinking and it was tough for us to see a dynamic lady of her character dying so peacefully. May her soul rest in peace. She was 89 yrs old.  She was my first music guru, who introduced carnatic music in my life when I was in my 3rd standard. She was the one who actually found out, I had the flair to sing. She has always been a pillar of support to all her grand children and children. She was the only grandparent I grew up with and the loss has left a deep scar in all our hearts. Even when I am writing this, tears well up in eyes and choke my throat. Patti wherever you are, you are deeply missed.

Husband and I managed to go to the A R Rahman Live concert at the YMCA and had a wonderful time. Got VIP passes and went with my husband's nephews and brother in law. It was on the 29th Dec evening. Despite the rain lashing the grounds, none of them moved from their spot and enjoyed every bit of the concert. It was an all tamil songs concert and a proper publicity for Mani Ratnam's Kadal movie. Most of the songs from this movie was sung.

I have still not been able to get pregnant. Another year has passed by and we have been married for more than 5 1/2 yrs now. Not sure when God is going to open his eyes or if at all he has plans to.

2013 has been a hectic one so far. Getting back to work and also managing the home front has been quite a challenge.
Planed to watch Kadal, but after seeing FB posts from my friends, changed plans and watched David - another disaster. When will Vikram learn. It was one of those slow, very slow drama movies and we just couldn't sit through the entire movie.

Shockingly I also lost one of my uncles (periappa) 3 days back, on Feb 11th, exactly 2 months after my grandmas. He was doing so perfectly well and even though he was 80, was very active and dynamic. May his soul rest in peace as well and give his immediate family the strength to cope up with his loss. It has still not sunk into me though. The person whom I met at my patti's last rites 2 months back and who was speaking to me so well, is no more. I am still shaking my head.

Those have been my updates for the last 2-3 months. Glad I have atleast posted my first post in 2013. Hopefully I get back to regular blogging soon

4 comments:

A and A said...

Hey, I was just looking for updates from you... Sorry you had some losses in past months.Don't worry too much about the pregnancy front. It will happen. (I know easeir said). Have you started consulting doctors yet?
(BTW, this is A&A's mom)

anubharat said...

Hi A&A so nice to hear from you after so long. Thanks for your reply. For some reason I havent been able to see your log due to some permission issues. So how are your little ones doing?

A and A said...

Hi Anu, I made my blog private for some personal reasons(don't blog anymore)!

anubharat said...

@A&A Oh ok, how are your kids doing? must be in their terrible 2-3 phase :)