April 27, 2010

SPB Concert

How I wished!!! We went for a SPB/ SP Sailaja music concert at San Jose last sunday. I went the last time he came in 2008 along with Chitra and thoroughly enjoyed it. Went with the same expectation proved disappointing this time :(

The problem was not with singing or even singing badly. It was with the selection of songs. Nalla thoonga vechutaar SPB. Mostly picked Ilayaraja numbers, but most of them were slow numbers. People dont mistake me that I dont belong to that age of Illayaraja hits and you all just liek ARR. No i shall deny that by all means. What I am trying to convey is Illayaraja has given a lot of fast numbers & also dance numbers. May be the concert wasnt meant to be that way. May be the sponsors wanted it to be slow and melodic and and sigh!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

yaadayaada said...

You are not alone Anu. Same sentiments. Even I thought the 2008 concert(I think it was 2008 or did I go to the one before that. Hmm...) was better even though the auditorium sucked big time. This time, the auditorium was excellent, but the concert as a whole didn't impress me much. And in the previous one, SPB did a medley in the end which stole the show!

anubharat said...

2008 was SPB and Chitra, I guess the year before that was SPB and Yesudas, for which I didnt go, but heard it totally rocked. Thanks for leaving your comments YY. May I know what is your name?