After a long hiatus, here comes my next post. When I decided to get back to working, the main reason behind was financial independence and when I go back to my college for the alumni meet, I wanted to tell people that I am working. The job part was taken care of in 2021. The next worry was about can I make it to the reunion at Pilani. This reunion was special as it was to be my first trip to Pilani after passing out. I was interested in seeing the college, the hostel, the roads we walked, after 22 years. I registered for the event with fingers crossed and counting my stars. Luckily the stars were perfectly aligned and I could make it to my college 25th year renion. It was a total of two and half days away from our usual buzz and routine. The support system back home was perfect,so much so that they didnt even bother to call me once to check on me. They knew I was in Utopia :)
It was definitely a dream come true moment for me and I really relived every moment with pride and nostalgia. Two of my very close college friends (one being room mate) made it along and it was really special. The campus had lot of new buildings, none of those cycle I also got to tick off some things off my bucket list. One was singing as part of the music club and performing on stage live. I also got to shake a leg and managed to decently with our batch mates on stage. Over all it was a great reunion right starting from Chennai to Delhi to Pilani and then back home. I am not sure what the future holds when the institute will welcome us for the next reunion in 2028 and what all will change by then. One can only hope.
I also recorded my visit on linkedin here

No comments:
Post a Comment