
For the first time after marriage, me and my best half did the vinayaka chathurthi pooja and my attempt at kozhakattais were also a success (the below picture should be enough proof). The fact that the kozhakattais were almost over before lunch, proves it was yummy and I deserve a pat on the back. Not that I did 108 and we gobbled it all at once. Even though the number might be smaller, I am still happy at my achievement. This made my day already.

Last year my in laws were here and we did the pooja with the help of this audio link. This year too we followed this link. Sastrigal maama kku OOO podungo. We should definitely applaud the efforts taken by this priest to go the extra e-mile. He very clearly recites the slokas and the steps to be followed while doing the pooja. People like us who dont have the book and are outside India, I would say this is a very good resource.
After the pooja in the morning and a simple lunch, we went to the temple in the evening and it was nice to see the huge ganesh idol, decorated at the Livermore temple close by. Definitely the prasadam was good, that goes without saying. Rava kesari, Sambar Saadham, Uppuma and Sambar - totally yummy.
The day ended with a beautiful movie "The Blind Side".
4 comments:
Wow! The difficult to make dish has really come out well. How I wish I was there to gobble a few of them with you.
Yes Koil prasadams are best because unlike us they don't think of how putting ghee lavishly in the items prepared is going to affect our health, so their items always taste yummy. Also we are going there only once in a while, and so we eat without feeling any guilt, and thoroughly enjoy it.
And to top it all you saw a good movie too that day. What else can you ask Vinayaka that day, he totally made your day.
Thank you so much for your encouraging comments Rama. How have you been? Back to normalcy after the US trip?
Hey...thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving your comments.
Kozhakkattais look soft and yum.
Thank you for your comments Jayashree. Keep writing regularly in your blog :)
Post a Comment