November 22, 2021

Back after a hiatus !!

 Its been 4 long years since I stopped blogging! I should actually say more than 4 years since I stopped writing here regularly. Now the time has come for me to start writing or even think about writing.

So many things have happened in the last decade or so in our life. After moving back to India for various personal reasons, the three main biggest developments that surpassed me is motherhood, parenting and getting back to the workforce after almost 8 years. Though there have been other big changes, I consider these things a little significant on my personal milestone front. There has been lot of losses on losing loved ones in these years as well. Losing my patti, my mother in law and  periappa, have made a huge impact on my day to day life. These people have always wished good for me, even if it meant teaching things the hard way, especially my mil. Some times these are the kind of people who actually mold you and make you tough from inside, help you grow as a good human being.

Another big episode in everyone's life in the last two years has been Covid 19. Am sure everyone has their own experiences/ stories/ events associated with this deadly disease.  My heart goes out to all children who have been affected either directly or indirectly by this Covid. The education system which took a whirlwind of things, had to come to complete halt for these children. Though online classes did make things easier in certain cases, it is not the panacea to all their woes both to the children and teachers. I at times feel that the children have been punished for no fault of theirs. It is those childhood memories that you make at school, the one that is the evergreen part of your life, the moments you cherish all through your life - the kids have lost all that in these last two years.


Now after all the mega vaccination drives to save mankind, this entire drama is still far from complete. Hoping for some brighter days ahead for school going children, so that they can start making those lovely memories of life.


I think for a post, post hiatus, this is already getting bigger. Am not sure if I will be a regular here, though I am hoping to be one. Great to be back again for sure.

Ciao!!

No comments: