December 8, 2010

Baseball & the Giants win

This is a long due post for almost 3 months. My husband and I have been following some sports (american sports) this year. Baseball and american football (football played using hands - dont ask me why). I started following the local san francisco baseball team (called Giants) and pretty much after the first few weeks of watching their post season games, I really got into the groove and pretty much knew the names of most of the Giants' players within the first few weeks. It was total fun watching these games at home, especially when you have evenings - you dont what to do other wise.  The team was always considered underdogs - since they have never won a world series or did they have any famous players - whatsoever. By the way people dont imagine world series - means there should be other nations playing this game. Nah. You are mistaken. I rather prefer not to comment about this. These are just teams from different part of the US, grouped as National Championship league and American Championship league. Finally group champions from each group compete for the world title.
Watching this game requires a lot of patience, especially for people like us who have grown up watching cricket and Sehwag the hitter.  Typically a baseball match score ranges between 0-10 on an average. So you can imagine how frustrating it can be when either of the teams dont score. Despite all this we loved the game, mostly because we loved watching those players and their game. The best part was that the Giants won the world series  - 2010, for the first time in 52years since the team to the bay area. It was a thrilling moment for both of us and I can imagine how would have the long standing faithful fans of the Giants would have enjoyed that day.

No comments: